Saturday, January 23, 2010

National Pie Day

Glen and I just did our part to support National Pie Day. We went to Croshaw's Gourmet Pies (100% made from scratch) where we enjoyed chicken pot pies for lunch. Then we each picked out a pie to take home; coconut cream for me and sugar free apple for Glen. That definitely is too much pie for two people, so if you haven't celebrated pie day yet, come on by.

I also recommend Croshaw's Gourmet Pies any day that you have a hankering for a great slice of pie.

A little bird told me that they prepared 1700 pies for Thanksgiving and 1200 pies for Christmas. Now that's lots of pie! They are located just west of Power Road on Brown. They took over the old Dippin' Dots spot, thank goodness!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Many thanks to the 7 family members (you know who you are) who came and helped eat pie.

j said...

Laurel, thanks for sharing the pie with us. I loved loved the apple one. So yummy!!!!! And also we stopped by last night but you weren't there, only Glen. We ate your left overs : ) The chicken with rice and brocoli was very delicous too. Can I move back in with you???? We love you!!!!