Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another January birthday

I first met Jordan Jensen just after Christmas 1974. I just did the math and he would have been 46, soon to be 47. Today would have been his 82nd birthday if he hadn't left us far too soon on January 14, 1991.

The Jensen family enjoyed a family outing to Universal Studio during their son's visit to California to introduce them to his new fiancee. Of course, Grandpa J is holding the current baby, Janene, daughter of Glen's older sister, Joyce. He was very gentle and patient with babies. He was also quiet and humble and unassuming even though he was one of the smartest men I have ever met.

I was inspired by Miriam's post today. I decided to share my first picture with Grandpa J.

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

I love this picture so much, thanks for sharing. I haven't seen it before.