Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ice skating for three

When we visited American Girl Place in Los Angeles, Heather and Ruby both picked out a pair of ice skates for their dolls. I decided this called for ice skating outfits, especially with the Winter Olympics coming soon to a TV screen near you. So I made three ( couldn't leave my Sadie out!)

Remember how our eyes get really big when we look at the price tags for American Girl doll outfits? I have decided that those price tags may be more than reasonable. After a trip to JoAnn's for slinky shiny fabric, elastic, "jewels", velcro, etc., I was out some $45. Add to that my time, broken needles (slinky shiny fabric is hard to sew), and a second run for more black thread; I saved some money, but not much.


The outfits were presented to the girls at Heather's family birthday party. She obligingly fetched her doll from upstairs so that grandma could see if it was a good fit. We all agreed it was a winner.

Bring on the Winter Olympics, we are ready!

Miss Julianna has her own soft baby to hug and kiss!


She really is the best little mommy to her Christmas baby.

Grandma is having fun with her girls and their dolls, round two (or three if we want to go back to the 1950's :)

3 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for making the outfits, Laurel. Heather loves hers. I am, as always, in awe of your incredible talent!

Avis La Fin said...

I'm so envious of you, Laurel, getting to see those little girls and make things for them!! Just adorable. You're a good grandma.

Susan said...

I forgot to tell you both what Heather said the night she received the ice skating outfit. She was cuddled up under the quilt my mom made hugging her doll in the ice skating dress, when she sighed and said, "I love my grandmas. They make the best stuff!"