Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year's Baby

I used to fantasize about having a New Year's baby. Back in smaller town days, the first baby born on January 1st received a bounty of gifts, like diaper service for a year and a large gift certificate at the children's clothing store. While living in Bountiful, Utah I had two chances for possible grand prize fame. David was due the first part of January, but arrived two weeks early on Dec. 20th. Ryan was due on January 18th and did arrive early on Jan. 12th, but not the required 18 days early - so, I never had a New Year's baby.

Then Sally entered our lives when she met and married Dave. We now can celebrate a birthday on New Year's Day because Sally was indeed born on Jan. 1st. I don't know if her mother won any contest, but she most certainly got a prize. She had a beautiful baby girl who grew into a beautiful young woman who blesses all our lives with her thoughtful ways and giving spirit.

Happy Birthday Sally! I hope that you are enjoying a great day with your family and I will be forever grateful that you became a part of mine.