Friday, January 25, 2008

Velvet Mitt

I couldn't resist adding this picture from Tara's (on the right) blog. Her friend on the left received this velvet painting of Mitt from her husband for Christmas. Check out her web site at:

http://www.velvetmitt.com

There has been a bit of a buzz at our house since Mitt announced his run for the presidency. My husband was quick to send money, bumper stickers came in the mail, picture postcards and Christmas cards followed, and we've been following a presidential campaign more closely than ever before. I've been sporting a Mitt Romney bumper sticker dead center on the back of my bright red car since my husband placed it there months ago. He's even started to donate money in my name. So we were pretty pleased with the MSNBC debate last night. We thought that he presented himself well and we were pleased that the Republicans were nice to one another unlike the Democrat debacle earlier in the week.


My mom was equally excited about presidential politics in the 60's when Mitt's father, George Romney ran. I remember well her disappointment when he dropped out of the race after the New Hamshire Primary and the entrance of Nelson Rockefeller into the race.

BUT the best reason to vote for Mitt Romney . . . . . he and Janae share the same birthday!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Really? My birthday? What a jackpot! Henry is SO SWEET now, Mom. Get excited. He may be the cutest one yet (out of my boys).

Laurel said...

Are you Lindsay or is Lindsay you?

Vagabond Mother said...

I was signed in as Lindsay because we changed her blog template to bother Mica. We're mature.

I realized my error too late. Isn't that Velvet Mitt funny?

Laurel said...

Hope Tara doesn't mind that I borrowed her pic. I couldn't resist.
If one can't find the irony and humor in politics, they will lose their own humanity.