Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Heather's American Girl doll dress

Inspired from making Ruby a matching dress for her doll for her birthday, I decided to make Heather one as well using left over fabric from her dress.

It is fun to make something from fabric, trims, buttons, etc. already on hand. You would be amazed at what can be found in my sewing room. So the above dress cost me nothing extra to sew. However, a dress for an 18 inch doll takes about the same amount of time to sew as a dress for a little girl!

Heather, I will deliver this lovely duponi silk dress to you and your doll soon! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Susan said...

it is terific by hlj

Susan said...

That last comment was from Heather :) The dress is beautiful. Once again, I'm amazed at your talent. We're excited to see it in person!