Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tired of the bathroom, try Glen's blooms

Glen picked up this plant on a whim at Wal-mart. We usually don't buy from Wal-mart, because the plants sometimes don't seem as well cared for. I'm not sure what this is called, but the fuzzy leaved plant finally bloomed this week.
The plumbago is also blooming profusely.
A couple of months ago the doorbell rang. When I went to the door I was greeted by two large tall boxes, so tall that I could not see out of the high door window. I opened the door to these words, "Live Plants." I brought them inside and waited for an explanation. Glen came home so happy to see that his "crape myrtle trees" had arrived from North Carolina. I think that our somewhat cooler weather this year has helped them to get a good start and now they are blooming. He ordered "Fire Engine Red" and "Dynamite Red." I am at a loss to know the difference.
This one got planted in Glen's desert rock garden while the other is on the north side of the lawn. It will be interesting to see which one fares best.
Finally, a shot of his "wall of color." The bougainvillea are also putting off many new blooms. If you look carefully back by the Italian cypress trees, the potato vine has nearly reached the top.

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

Looking very pretty! I'm tempted to come home to see it, but I guess it'll have to wait two weeks. We came to CA yesterday afternoon for Caydence's blessing and Kyle's baptism today. Andrew also met with the guy about the job today, he has an interview set for June 24th and has a clearer picture of what it all is. Stressful! Call you later- driving back tomorrow afternoon.