Monday, February 29, 2016

Snapshots Quilt Along quilt top finished!



I really enjoyed this 2015 quilt along.  Each month, another "snapshots" pattern was released.  Participants could download the patterns for free but were encouraged to donate to St. Jude's Childrens Hospital instead.  Donations finished at over $60,000.


I had a great time arranging my quilt top in the best way with a good distribution of colors.  Most of the fabric used was from fabric lines by Bonnie & Camille.


I did not use all of the patterns.  I moved the camera block to the front and made up the mixing bowl and spoon block to replace another.


I used the camera to make a label for the front.


I included the quote by my grandson, Oscar, who was especially intrigued by this project.  The black cat is in honor of his cat, Scratch.


So once again, it is time for what I find to be the hardest part.  The quilting!  I'm on the lookout for a backing fabric and contemplating turning this one over to a long arm quilter.

No comments: