Thursday, August 21, 2014

All 60 leaves appliqued


I now have a finished Saturday Sampler 2014/15 top.  The last of 60 leaves was appliqued on the vine border last night.  All of the applique is done with the back basted method.


One reason I enjoyed participating is that each month I would get a packet of fabric pieces to use for that month's assignment.


In this quilt there are a large number of different white on white fabrics as well as all the different greens, reds, oranges, blues, and aqua blues.  How many fat eights or fat quarters would I have had to purchase to get the variety shown in this quilt?  It's a bit wrinkly from all that leaf stitching.


Now my forever dilemma.  Can I do this top justice by quilting it on my machine or do I need to take it to a long arm quilter?

I've started the new Saturday Sampler for 2014/15.  It will be a Christmas quilt so my next applique project will be a back basted poinsettia.

No comments: