Saturday, November 10, 2012

You never know a tree. . .


Truly, you never know a tree until you have viewed it in each season.  That has been one of the gifts of my monthly treks to Utah.


Yesterday I was in Salt Lake City spending some time with my grandson.  There were giant white snowflakes coming down.


I loved the juxtaposition of fall and winter.


This tree in their front area has such beautiful leaves.  They even make the sidewalk look spectacular.


Because of all that wet, wet snow we watched some shows.  It's been years since I watched the animated version of 101 Dalmatians.  I still loved it, but even more I loved it when I sat back down next to Oscar and he put his arm around me! He's a love bug.


In the dusky evening we drove south to Provo and the snow had started to fall there as well.
 

We awoke early this morning to a wonderland and the snow scrapper in the common drive way.


Each tree branch with a new winter coat.


It was a quiet, new white world just waiting to show off as the sun came up.


I threw open every curtain and opened every blind to let the magic in.


A winterized tree has its own tale to tell.

No comments: