Monday, May 21, 2012

Look who is two


Oscar turned two this month.  With his new haircut he looks so grownup.  He is all about transportation vehicles so I made him a new white shirt to wear with the romper his uncles and dad used to wear.  Hard to see, but there is picture smocking on the front with a bus, truck, and a couple more vehicles.


I also made him an I Spy quilt.


Once again I used a striped border and found myself mitering corners.  I used a coordinating dot fabric for the triangles.


Because of his current loves, the backing is also about transportation.


I couldn't resist adding a pillow.  This "tractor" as Oscar calls it, was made using the Buggy Barn pattern book, Those Crazy Kids.


Here is the back of the pillow.  I picked up this cute fat quarter on sale last fall because it was so charming.  Once I was on to this project I had to use it.  I knew that Oscar would stare at it picking out all the tiny vehicles.  It wasn't quite big enough, so once again there was a border.


Doesn't it just make you want to visit this hilly place?  I did just visit a hilly place, but more about that later.

No comments: