Monday, June 13, 2011

Civil War quilt blocks, batch 2

I am really enjoying the Civil War Quilt blog and making the blocks. My 12 fat quarters were feeling a bit limited, so I found myself back online at Autumn Rose Quilting looking for more. They are closing up shop at the end of June and everything is on sale. I found some fat quarter bundles which included fabrics I had already purchased but which also had more neutrals, blues, and reds. I'm so excited to work on the next batch of blocks with more options!

Here are the next six that I made while waiting for my mail the last few days.

Block 9, Birds in the Air

Block 10, Lincoln's Platform

Block 11, London Square

Block 12, Louisiana

Block 14, Fox and Geese

Block 21, Underground Railroad

As you can see, I am still jumping around trying to gain some confidence for those blocks that look harder. I'm also hoping for some new inspiration with more fabric!

1 comment:

Avis La Fin said...

Laurel,
I really enjoy your blog, even though I'm very envious when I see how much you get to be with and spoil my grandkids...ha ha. I love your Civil War blocks. I'm into working on my grandkid quilt project, but I hope that I will be down to only 2 to do in 2012. Then, maybe I can try some other kinds of quilts. Love You. Julie