Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Family related presidential trivia

You are gazing at packet of 25 year old jelly beans which my sister, Jolene, gave to me. She had been living in Washington, DC at the time of President Reagan's inauguration and picked up some extra packets at an inauguration night party to share with others. Jelly Belly was Reagan's favorite brand of jelly beans thus inspiring this patriotic mix. Saver/pack rat that I am, I still have mine. Jolene, can you say the same? If I decide to put them on e-bay, do I have to split it 50/50?

As I watched the Punahou School marching band at the inaugural parade yesterday, it hit me! My sister Becky and Barack (possibly Barry at the time) were wandering the school grounds of Punahou at the same time while 20-year-old Becky spent time working there while in Hawaii for a few months. How many degrees of separation would that be?

1 comment:

Christy/Mom said...

Cute, Laurel!! It looks like you have been a crazy woman this month with all the activities- cooking, birthdays, weddings!! Whew! I brought home Obama Inauguration buttons from DC, just to say I had been there the week before, so, I get the nostaligic of the memorabilia. You are an amazing woman. Thanks for always making us part of the fam and for being so good to Sally and the girls. Keep baking!!